‘Nitro Brew’ is the new hype in the coffee town. Folks, your favorite cold brew has been upgraded. And if I must say, it is for the better. Indeed, the nitro cold brew is getting popular day by day. Although it is a recent find yet, it can be found in almost all the grocery stores and local coffee bars. Most impressive is the fact that the bases of this drink go back to beer drinking. Yep! That is right; beer was made with bubbles and gases by the addition of an element. Subsequently, the technique has been taken up by the coffee innovators. And obviously, the coolest drink became popular in no time.
What is Nitro-Brew?
Now you may ask, what is the secret element? It is ‘Nitrogen.’ Nitrogen for coffee has proved to be magical. Besides this, it is a colorless gas. Moreover, unlike so many other gases, it does not have any foul odor. As I stated earlies, t
he nitrogen has been in use for beers, and the drinks are said to be nitrogenated. The coffee which has nitrogen will have bubbles in it. Furthermore, it will be creamy and velvety.
Where did this nitro-brew come from?
Howdy! Texas is the origin point of this genius idea. Undoubtedly, the cowboys are the risk-takers, and this one paid off. An experiment at the Cuvee Coffee in Austin was a success. The year was 2012. And news must have spread like fire because the nitro cold brew became famous in no time. Now it can be easily found in local coffee shops. Besides this, it comes in packages and is at your nearest mart or grocery store.
Science behind it
The science behind this nitrogenated drink is simple. It is no hocus pocus, although the taste is magical.
First of all, the brewing process is done with cold water. Or you can take water at room temperature as well. After that, you have to brew the regular cold brew. Once you have done that, comes the critical part. Add nitrogen gas into the cold brew. The most important thing to note down is that the infusion of gas to liquid is done through pressure.
Your coffee will get bubbly. These are air pockets. And they are the reason for the thickness and creaminess of your drink. Furthermore, the cascade is the fun part and adds magic to the nitro brew. It is the frothy and milky layer. The nitro brew is cold, thick, velvety, sweet, and yummy. Also, it has a beautiful texture that can make you a fan of it in no time.
Nitro Cold Brew Machine
As nitro brew requires nitrogen gas to be added to the liquid cold brew through a pressure valve, its best to have a piece of handy equipment. Hence, a nitro cold brew maker is a must-have if you are going to make it in our home. Although most people prefer the barista-style cold brew yet, it can get expensive. The reason is that the popularity of cold brew and its unique technique has made it quite expensive. However, we have here for you a pretty good and less costly nitro brew maker.
Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker
This beautiful machine is a must-have if you are into nitro coffee. Because this gives the most creamies and foamy top to your cold brew, and it will also add a cascade to relieve your heart. The cool sinking foam makes one feel light and adds to the extraordinary effect of the nitro-brew.
Included in the package are the keg, pressure valve, faucet, cartridge holder, and a wrench. Moreover, this maker can use both nitrogen cartridges and nitrogen oxide. And it is not very expensive. Now you don’t need to run to coffee shops to pay for overpriced drinks. Make your nitro cold brew at home in this up to date and one of the best nitro cold brew maker and enjoy.
How to make nitro brew in a nitro-brew maker?
There are simple and easy steps to follow for making your cold beverage.
- First of all, it is steeping. Take some coffee, pour it in water, and let it steep. That is, refrigerate it for 12 to 24 hours.
- After that, take it out and strain it.
- After that, pour this into your nitro brew maker. Fill it to the top and add more water.
- Similarly, put your nitrogen cartridge in the cartridge dispenser.
- Refrigerate the canister for another 12 to 24 hours.
- After that, take it out and shake your container.
- Now comes the fun part, push the nozzle slowly, and pour your drink into the glass.
- The cascade of foam will fall from top to bottom.
- Wait for a few seconds and then drink the foamiest and creamiest nitro black cold brew you’ll ever have.
- You can add additional flavors to your brew. For instance, you can add maple syrup, honey, or any other syrup to add more taste to your drink.
Is Nitro Cold Brew better than regular coffee?
Nitro cold brew has said to be better than the regular coffee. It not only surpasses it in texture but tastes as well. The following are the main pros of this decadent drink.
- Nitro brew has a thicker texture. The reason behind this is the bubbles. They add more volume to the coffee.
- It is sweeter. Hence, no additional sugar is to be added to it. Moreover, you can have it any time of the day and not fair the calories. It is suitable for people on a keto diet.
- It has less acidity than regular coffee. Therefore, there will be no indigestion problem or any other stomach related issue.
- It has more caffeine content than any regular coffee. So if you want to wake up by having a cold drink, this is your first option.
- It has health benefits as well. For instance, it decreases depression and anxiety, reduces diabetes, helps in weight loss, and aids in neurological diseases.
- The taste of the nitro cold brew is said to be amazing as well. It is creamy and rich. The smooth sip of this drink feels like heaven.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1- Can you make Nitro-Cold Brew at home?
Indeed, we can make Nitro-Cold Brew t home. You need a nitrogen dispenser or keg. Firstly you have to make the cold brew and then add nitrogen to it through the keg. Let it rest and drink cold.
2- How does Starbucks make their nitro cold brew?
The nitro cold brew at Starbucks is made by infusing nitrogen into their signature cold brew. The cold brew is already steeped for about 20 hours. After pouring nitrogen through the tap, the bubbles are created. Similarly, one can see the cascade of foam as well.
3- Is Nitro Coffee bad for you?
Most certainly not. It is not bad for your health. It has no sugar, which is a plus point as it lowers the risk of heart diseases and obesity. Similarly, it has less acidity, which is good for your stomach. Moreover, it helps relieve stress and has more caffeine to wake you up in summers with a cold drink. It aids in fast metabolism, therefore, reducing your weight.
4- Why is nitro cold brew so strong?
The reason is that it has more caffeine in it than regular coffee. The addition of ice dilutes the regular iced coffee or cold brew. But there is not a single cube of ice in the nitro cold brew. The caffeine makes it strong. The coffee drinkers in summers avoid coffee, but if you have a nitro cold brew which is perfect for waking you up in warm weather, what else do you need?
5- What is the difference between cold brew and nitro brew?
The cold brew does not have any nitrogen in it. And the addition of the nitrogen changes the texture and taste of the nitro from the regular cold brew. Besides this significant difference, the preparation of cold brew takes less time in homes than the nitro brew. Nitro brew never has any additional ice. In cold brew’s case, many people add ice to it. Nitro brew is more foamy and bubbly. It is thicker and creamier. It is more robust, as well.
6- What pressure should nitro coffee be?
The pressure of the nitro coffee must be high. It aids in the infusion of the nitrogen to the cold brew quickly. 35-45psi is the ideal temperature for the infusion of the nitrogen to the brew.
7- Is cold brew stronger than espresso?
Indeed, espresso is stronger than the cold brew. Although mostly the caffeine content matters in this case and extraction as well. The dark roast bean makes the espresso. Hence, the darker the coffee, the stronger then espresso will be. Moreover, for a full cup of cold brew, the caffeine content is equal to a shot of espresso. From this, we can gather that espresso has more caffeine; hence it is more strong.
- 1 What is Nitro-Brew?
- 2 Where did this nitro-brew come from?
- 3 Science behind it
- 4 Nitro Cold Brew Machine
- 5 How to make nitro brew in a nitro-brew maker?
- 6 Is Nitro Cold Brew better than regular coffee?
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 7.1 1- Can you make Nitro-Cold Brew at home?
- 7.2 2- How does Starbucks make their nitro cold brew?
- 7.3 3- Is Nitro Coffee bad for you?
- 7.4 4- Why is nitro cold brew so strong?
- 7.5 5- What is the difference between cold brew and nitro brew?
- 7.6 6- What pressure should nitro coffee be?
- 7.7 7- Is cold brew stronger than espresso?